The Buzz 12-9-11
Here's our quick read on the top tweets, news, and buzz circulating in the field of changemaking this week. Tell us, what's got you talking? And what do you want to be talking about?
- In case you missed it—the 2012 Echoing Green Fellowship opened this week! Be sure to carefully read all of the requirements and remember, the deadline is January 9th, at noon EDT! http://ht.ly/7W8EM
- Social innovation and social change are quickly becoming part of the MBA curriculum at universities around the world. Laden with debt, however, graduates are still struggling with the prospect of a career with social purpose. Can you make money and work on purpose at the same time? An insightful piece from the Wall Street Journal: http://ht.ly/7W8si
- Mashable shares four social entrepreneurs that we should follow—including Eden Full from SunSaluter, Neil Blumenthal and Dave Gilboa from Warby Parker, Kassidy and Ryan Brown from Journey of Action, and Scott Gerber from Young Entrepreneur Council. Who else would you add to the list? http://ht.ly/7W8q5
- Jed Emerson and Antony Bugg-Levine recently co-authored a new book titled Impact Investing: Transforming How We Make Money While Making a Difference. It’s an effective and broadly-accessible introduction on impact investing, with accounts from social enterprises themselves. Perhaps most intriguing is their blueprint for how to help the sector to mature. In our interview with Bugg-Levine, we had an opportunity to dig even deeper: http://ht.ly/7W8Kf
- A few opportunities we spotted this week:
::The Cordes Fellowship to attend Opportunity Collaboration 2012 is now accepting applications. There are only 50 spots, so apply soon: http://ht.ly/7Pitv
:: Phase 1 applications for the Global Health Corps Fellowship are also open—more information here: http://ht.ly/7TcLb
Our question this week: “What is a song that would be on the soundtrack of your life?” received quite a reaction! We’re compiling answers—tell us your song!
Echoing Green Live
June 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM
A Shared Commitment to Advancing Equality and Ensuring Justice
June 13, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Pioneering Across Generations: Partnering with Newman’s Own Foundation
June 11, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Introducing the 2013 Echoing Green Fellows
June 18, 2013 at 01:30 PM
Climate change doesn't have to be all gloom & doom. How EG supported Carbon Ligh...